Revivalist is a reader-supported endeavor and our posts may contain affiliate links. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Your self-talk can make a considerable difference in your overall self-esteem and confidence. It can also influence whether critical events, such as job interviews, go in your favor.
While a pep talk alone won’t get you the job of your dreams or ensure your family reunion goes smoothly, it can tip the odds in your favor. Recite one of the following ten positive affirmations for every occasion the next time you need to remind yourself that you are strong, competent and ready to rock.
1. For Your Career
Do you have a big interview approaching? Perhaps you scheduled a meeting with your boss to discuss your career objectives and a possible promotion. Try reciting one of the following affirmations every time you feel the sneaky self-doubt of imposter syndrome threatening.
- I have the drive and dedication to achieve my goals: Sometimes, it can feel like everyone has more talent or privilege than you do. This affirmation reminds you that your effort is one of the biggest determinants of how far you will go. It encourages you to use your power and agency to improve your life.
- I am continually growing and learning: This affirmation comes in handy if you flub an interview question — write it on the inside of your wrist if you must. Remember, gracefully admitting a mistake and recovering from it is a potent indicator of future success. You now know what not to do next time — battle back insecurity with gratitude for the lesson learned.
- I make the best use of my time and talents: Not everyone will appreciate your contributions. Your supervisor might take credit for one of your ideas, or your efforts on a collective project go unnoticed when a colleague steals all the thunder. This affirmation reminds you of your intrinsic value, even when others don’t see it.
2. For Family Matters
Your family can be your greatest source of comfort. However, the path of such relationships never did run smoothly — you may sometimes need to deal with toxic relatives at reunions and holidays. The following affirmations can help you to cope with trouble on the homefront.
- I see my family through the eyes of love: This affirmation can help when that one relative says something that frustrates you to no end. It reminds you that everyone is human and has a reason for their sometimes maddening behavior.
- I love taking care of my family and home: This statement comes in handy on those days when you find yourself daydreaming about desert islands and remote Tibetan mountaintops — if only to get away from cries of “mom” and the endless collection of used dishes in every bedroom.
- We build each other up, not tear each other down: This affirmation can help when you feel ready to snap at a loved one. It can also remind you to sincerely apologize when you do say something unkind.
3. For General Self-Care
What is self-care? It doesn’t necessarily entail going to a fancy day spa — you can nurture your body and soul without spending a dime.
Part of self-care entails reminding yourself that you are a unique human being who is worthy of respect and compassion. The following affirmations remind you of what Whitney Houston once sang — learning to love yourself is the greatest love of all.
- I am worthy of respect and esteem: Some days come full of surly customers and rude trolls on social media. When someone comments on something that hurts your feelings, it’s natural for your confidence to falter. Remind yourself that you are inherently worthy of respect and that other people’s cruel words reflect on them, not you, with this affirmation.
- I believe in myself, my power and my passions: This affirmation comes in handy when you embark on a new venture. Are you terrified of launching that Etsy shop or pet-sitting business? Remind yourself that every successful enterprise once started with nothing more than an idea and the willingness to act on it.
- I am compassionate with myself and others: The world can seem like a hostile place at times. However, you control your energy and how you direct it at others. Remind yourself to choose kindness with this affirmation.
- I deserve to take care of my mind, body and soul: Far too many people feel guilty for taking time for self-care. Many Americans shun vacation and burn the midnight oil instead of taking the rest they need. Remind yourself that healthy food, moderate exercise and getting your Zzz’s are critical to your well-being and productivity with this affirmation.
Feeling Uncertain? Try These 10 Positive Affirmations for Every Occasion
The way you talk to yourself colors your mood and behavior. Reinforce the positive with these ten affirmations for every occasion.
Subscribe to Our Weekly Newsletter
We would love to connect deeper with you!