Revivalist is a reader-supported endeavor and our posts may contain affiliate links. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
After a tough day at home with the kids, it can feel like you’re not an awesome mom – especially if you don’t have someone there to tell you. Every so often, we all need a reminder that we’re enough. After your worst moments, it’s essential to pick yourself back up. Thankfully, a few encouraging words can do the work for you.Here are 12 inspirational quotes for moms. You’ve got this!
1. “What good mothers and fathers instinctively feel like doing for their babies is usually best after all.” — Benjamin Spock
Whenever you feel like you haven’t made the correct choice, or someone else criticizes your decision, make sure to listen to yourself! We all make mistakes, but for the most part, you know what’s best for your children.
2. “It’s not what you do for your children, but what you have taught them to do for themselves that will make them successful human beings.” — Eppie Lederer (Ann Landers)
Even though we want to coddle and protect our kids forever, self-assurance always matters. When you teach rather than do, you can set your kids up for a brighter future.
3. “Good character is not formed in a week or a month. It is created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good character.” — Heraclitus
You shouldn’t try to change your children – or yourself – overnight. When you make an error, that’s fine! Take each day one moment at a time. With small efforts, you can achieve your goals. If it doesn’t happen now, there’s always time for later.
4. “Perhaps it takes courage to raise children.” — John Steinbeck
You’ve probably sacrificed a lot for your children, like all parents. It takes a certain amount of bravery to dedicate a part of your life to raising bright and kind people. If you ever feel like you’re not courageous, this quote can bring you back down to earth.
5. “No influence is so powerful as that of the mother.” — Sara Josepha Hale
Our moms deliver us into this world. From then onward, they’re the ones we look to for advice, love and strength. That’s why we hold their influence above all else. We know that our moms can be there to show us the way through life’s journey.
6. “Men are what their mothers made them.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
We’ve all heard that behind every great man stands a great woman. Moms tend to be the most prominent part of our lives, and it’s all because of them that we turn into incredible people.
7. “Courage does not always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow.'” — Mary Anne Radmacher
It’s sometimes best to look forward to tomorrow when you feel down and out after a long day. We can’t expect to be superheroes, no matter how hard we try! It takes a tough person to forget about their mistakes so that they can redeem themselves later. Remember that there’s always a new day on the horizon.
8. “There is no way to be a perfect mother, but a million ways to be a good one.” — Jill Churchill
Despite your valiant efforts, it’s not possible to be a perfect mom – whatever you think “perfect” means. That’s okay. Your family doesn’t expect you to be the best version of yourself at all times. They just need you to be you, mistakes and all.
9. “Parenthood… It’s about guiding the next generation, and forgiving the last.” — Peter Krause
Maybe your parents taught you certain ideas and passed down specific traits that you don’t like. It’s up to you to forget about their mistakes and parent your kids how you wish. Though it’s not easy, it’s possible to embrace your flaws and show your kids how to be different.
10. “To describe my mother would be to write about a hurricane in its perfect power.” — Maya Angelou
Because you’re a mom, you’re a force. You take on every day with a strength that’s unmatched by most people. When you feel defeated or alone, it’s essential to remember that you’re more powerful than you think.
11. “If you think taking care of yourself is selfish, change your mind. If you don’t, you’re simply ducking your responsibilities.” — Ann Richards
You’re a mom, which means that you don’t have a lot of time to focus on yourself. You may not even think that you should sometimes prioritize self-care above your kids. We all need a break, though, so never be afraid to hit the pause button. Ask your parents to watch your children and have a night that’s all about you. You’ll be a better mom because of it!
12. “A mother is not a person to lean on, but a person to make leaning unnecessary.” — Dorothy Canfield Fisher
You have the power to raise strong-willed children through your experiences. By the time they’re adults, they won’t need to lean on you for anything other than love.
Stay Motivated Through These Sayings
Take a second to look at these inspirational quotes for moms if you ever need a boost to get you through the day.
Subscribe to Our Weekly Newsletter
We would love to connect deeper with you!