Revivalist is a reader-supported endeavor and our posts may contain affiliate links. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Words are powerful — Repeat them enough, and you manifest their truth into your life.
Through affirmations, you can open and heal chakras or the energy centers in your body.
One such energy center is the sacral chakra, which is responsible for creativity, emotions, passion and sensuality. When your sacral chakra is open, you can flourish and live a passionate life.
What is the Sacral Chakra?
There are seven chakras that act as the energy centers in our bodies. Chakra in Sanskrit means wheel. They are believed to be spinning wheels of energy corresponding to different organs and nerves in the body.
The sacral chakra, or Svadhisthana, is the second chakra, which is located below the navel. Its element is water, and it’s commonly associated with the color orange.
It is responsible for creativity, passion, intimacy, sensuality, emotions and relationships. The sacral chakra also helps you let go of the past and embrace changes around you.
When the second chakra is open, you can harness energy to create and live a passionate life. You are also able to enjoy sensuality and pleasures with discipline.
A free-flowing sacral chakra leads to a vibrant, joyous life where you can keep track of your emotions and nurture relationships.
What Are the Symptoms of a Blocked Sacral Chakra?
When the sacral chakra is blocked or underactive, it can affect how you view yourself and interact with others. Here are some signs to watch out for:
- Lack of creative energy
- Lack of passion and interest in life
- Hiding from the world
- Feeling shameful about sensuality
- Low or no sex drive
- Unstable emotions
- Difficulty coping with life changes.
On the other hand, an overactive sacral chakra can send you into overdrive. You may engage in careless activities without thinking of moderation. Here are some of the symptoms of an overactive sacral chakra:
- Intense emotional reactions
- Engaging in addictive activities
- Uncontrolled sex drive
- Unhealthy codependence on others
- Seeking out negative emotions and situations
What Are Affirmations?
Affirmations are short, positive statements that you repeat over and over again. The repetition helps you conquer any bad thoughts that are holding you back.
Self-affirming statements are powerful. They can activate certain areas in the brain, which leads to behavioral change. When you repeat words, you can enact that change and make it into reality.
The same can also be said about negative thoughts. Repeatedly bringing yourself down and negatively describing yourself can manifest damaging outcomes.
Can Affirmations Heal Chakras?
Chakras can become blocked or unbalanced for a variety of reasons. In general, an unhealthy lifestyle causes it. Blockages come from lack of exercise, bad diet, lack of sleep, stress and negative thinking.
Yes, persistent negative beliefs can block chakras. In the case of the sacral chakra, repeated negative thoughts about your creativity, emotions, and sensuality can cause a blockage.
You can harness the power of positive affirmations to heal your sacral chakra and keep it open. Once you overcome the negative thoughts blocking your chakra, you can feel more attuned to sensual and creative energies.
20 Daily Affirmations for the Sacral Chakra
Here are some affirmations you can use every day to help energy flow freely through your sacral chakra:
- I am deeply passionate.
- I have a creative spirit.
- It is safe for me to create and express myself.
- My emotions are valid, and I honor them.
- I lead my emotions — they do not lead me.
- Negative thoughts and feelings do not control me.
- I let go of emotions that no longer serve me.
- I am full of life and joy.
- I am comfortable in my body.
- I have the right to accept joy and pleasure.
- I embrace my sensuality.
- I embrace pleasure in all its forms.
- My body is sacred, and I honor its needs and desires.
- I value and welcome intimacy.
- I share and nurture deep relationships with others.
- I respect others’ boundaries, and others respect mine.
- I embrace change.
- My dreams and desires are within reach.
- I trust my intuition.
- My life is abundant and prosperous.
How to Use Affirmations
Affirmations are easy to implement in your daily life. You simply need to repeat them throughout the day. Some repeat affirmations to themselves when they wake up or right before bedtime.
You can also write down your affirmations or include them when you journal. Speaking affirmations can also be a good way to repeat them. You can say them in front of a mirror or tell them to someone you trust.
Finally, you can use affirmations as part of meditation. Some incorporate them into mantra meditation, while some use them as their meditation intention.
The most important part of repeating affirmations is to be in the moment, put feelings into them and believe them.
You can also create your own affirmations if you want to. If you have a specific issue relating to your sacral chakra, you can make self-affirming statements to help you unblock it.
Here are some tips for making your own affirmations:
- Use “I am” or “I can” statements: Doing so will give your words power as they subconsciously change the way you perceive yourself.
- Write in the present tense: Although an affirmation is similar to a goal, it doesn’t quite work the same. You need to state affirmations as if they are already true.
- Make it short and concise: You will be repeating these statements, so the more simple they are, the better.
- Make it specific: You can tailor your affirmations to your particular situation. If you make specific statements, you can manifest specific outcomes.
- Be realistic: Affirmations work best when you focus on things you can change and improve.
Self-affirmation for a More Passionate Life
Creativity and passion keep your spirit alive. They are essential parts of life that help people flourish and be their best selves. When the sacral chakra is blocked, the effects can impact your daily life.
You can harness the power of words by using daily affirmations. Through positive thinking, you can keep a vibrant and sensual life while in tune with your emotions and the people around you.
Subscribe to Our Weekly Newsletter
We would love to connect deeper with you!