Revivalist is a reader-supported endeavor and our posts may contain affiliate links. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Chakras are pivotal in shaping our physical, emotional and spiritual well-being. The throat chakra holds the key to communication and truth, which is why it’s essential to keep it clear and balanced.
Self-affirming thoughts can help energy flow through the throat chakra, improving how you communicate with others.
What Is the Throat Chakra?
In Sanskrit, chakra means wheel or cycle. They are energy centers that correspond to different organs and parts of the body. Chakras must be balanced and open for energy to flow freely through them.
The throat chakra, or Visuddha, is located at the neck, right at the collarbone and near the thyroid. It is responsible for open communication, self-expression, confidence and speaking your truth.
When your throat chakra is clear and balanced, you can communicate with others clearly. You can effectively convey your thoughts and feelings, and others are able to understand your intentions. In return, you also open yourself up to other people’s words, helping you become a good listener.
The Visuddha is also the center for truth and integrity. When your throat chakra is clear, you can communicate honestly and in alignment with your authentic self.
What Happens When Your Throat Chakra Is Unbalanced?
When the throat chakra is blocked or unbalanced, it can go two ways. You can either hold back from using your voice or you can speak without restraint or control.
A blocked throat chakra can make it very difficult to speak up and state your opinion. Even if you want to defend yourself or express what you want, you find yourself staying silent and holding back. Not being able to use your voice can lead to negative emotional effects. You might end up feeling withdrawn, resentful and eventually depressed.
On the other hand, you can also struggle with the opposite problem. An unbalanced or blocked throat chakra can lead you to ramble without getting to your point. You may end up interrupting people or taking over conversations without regard for others. Doing so can isolate you from others and lead to negative feelings.
What Are Affirmations?
Affirmations are positive thoughts that are meant to be repeated regularly to overcome negative thoughts. You can use affirmations to shift negative, self-sabotaging thoughts to more positive and encouraging ones.
Repeating statements can be powerful. If you keep telling yourself that you’re bad at something, you’ll naturally find yourself avoiding that activity and preventing yourself from getting better at it.
For example, if you keep telling yourself that you’re bad at public speaking, you’ll avoid it all the time. You’ll refuse every opportunity to hone your skill since you already decided you’re bad at it. It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. You tell yourself you’re bad at it, so you become bad at it.
If repeating statements works on self-defeating thoughts, it can definitely work on positive ones. You can use affirmations as a daily practice to motivate yourself and improve your self-esteem. You can also use them to counter any negative thoughts that can pop up in your daily life.
20 Daily Throat Chakra Affirmations
Here are 20 affirmations to help you heal, open and balance your throat chakra.
- I have the right to speak my truth.
- My words matter.
- My words reflect my authentic self.
- I speak with integrity.
- I communicate clearly.
- I express myself with confidence and eloquence.
- I am honest with myself and others.
- I am not afraid to speak my mind.
- I stay true to my words and my feelings.
- My feelings are valid, and I’m allowed to communicate them.
- My words are positive and inspiring.
- I choose my words carefully.
- I empathize with others.
- I uplift others with my words.
- I listen attentively when others are speaking.
- I value other people’s words and feelings.
- I am a safe space for others to speak their mind.
- I do not engage in gossip and harmful speech.
- I am calm and collected when I express myself.
- When I speak, I am understood.
How to Use Throat Chakra Affirmations
Now that you have a list of affirmations to improve your communication skills, it’s time to apply them to your daily life. Here are some ways you can practice affirmations:
- Speak it out: When you wake up, make it a habit to repeat affirmations to yourself verbally. You can also do this in front of the mirror.
- Write it down: You can also practice affirmations through writing. Journaling can help you write and repeat positive affirmations daily.
- Set a reminder: You can remind yourself of positive affirmations throughout the day by setting reminders on your phone or computer.
- Have someone say it to you: Enlist the help of someone close to you. Ask them to help you with affirmations by saying them to you out loud. You can also ask them to affirm you when they see you slipping into negative thoughts.
- Implement it: You can include your affirmations as intentions for when you meditate. You can also include affirmations for when you do yoga.
You can create your own throat chakra affirmations based on your personal needs. What areas do you need to work on? Which aspects of your communication can benefit from some positive thinking?
When you write affirmations, remember that they are in the present tense, usually beginning with “I am” or “I can.” Just remember to be realistic. While you can’t literally become younger, you can focus instead on highlighting your great personality, which can make you seem more youthful. Instead of saying, “I will remain forever young,” you can say, “My natural curiosity and love for life keep my spirit youthful.”
Positive Thinking for Better Communication
It’s natural for people to want to be authentic, but it’s not always easy to live one’s truth. People struggle with communication, leading to many issues along the way. This problem highlights the importance of letting energy flow through your throat chakra.
Through the transformative power of affirmations, you can dismantle the barriers that keep your throat chakra blocked. Thus, you can flourish in your truth and realize the power of your voice.
Subscribe to Our Weekly Newsletter
We would love to connect deeper with you!