Revivalist is a reader-supported endeavor and our posts may contain affiliate links. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Communication is key in a relationship and asking questions is an important part of getting to know your significant other. No matter how serious or how long you been together, there are always new questions to ask your partner and uncover more about them. Showing interest and growing together is a big part of a long-lasting and healthy relationship.
The answers to you and your partner’s questions may change as the relationship progresses. Even if you think you know everything about each other, revisiting questions you think you know the answer to might uncover something new. New questions will arise as you progress, allowing you two to learn more about each other. Here are questions to ask your partner to strengthen your relationship.
Questions To Ask Your Partner When Dating
When getting to know someone new, it can be challenging to decide where to start. There is so much to cover beyond what you can find out after looking up every social media they have. You can ask them things that let you get a feel for who they are rather than what is being shown online.
Whether it is someone you want to have a future with or a casual fling, these are some questions to ask to get to know each other better.
- What has drawn you to other romantic partners in the past?
- What have you learned from failed relationships?
- Who are your friends and what do you like about them?
- What makes a good date?
- Are you trying to make changes in your life currently?
- What is the worst date you have ever been on?
- What are the most important parts of a relationship to you?
Questions For a Boyfriend/Girlfriend
Now that you are official with a label and deleted the dating apps, you can start asking deeper questions. You might have had some questions you thought about but didn’t want to ask until you had a more secure connection. Since you are exclusive, try asking these questions.
- How has your impression of me changed since we first met?
- Has anything surprised you now that we are more serious?
- What are your love languages?
- Have you noticed any patterns in our relationship?
- How do you cope with heartbreak?
- What is something I do that turns you on?
What to Ask When Moving In
Moving in together is a huge step in a relationship. Today 78% of people 18 to 29 agree it is acceptable for unmarried couples to live together. You will get to know each other in new ways whether you like it or not. However, the move-in stage can get rocky depending on your personal preferences for how you live. These questions will look different from your typical ones but are equally important for this transition period.
- What tasks are you excited to do together?
- How often do you need alone time?
- Are there any chores your dread doing?
- Do you have any fears about moving in together?
- Are we setting aside date nights to avoid feeling like roommates?
- What can we do to make out place feel like home?
- Do you need alone time after arguments?
When You’re Getting Married
By now, you might know everything and more about each other since you are engaged and on the road to marriage. There is always more to learn when you initiate thoughtful conversations. Marriage can get difficult so use these questions to ask your partner now can help navigate things in the future.
- How are we going to keep our relationship strong and fresh?
- Do you see kids in our future?
- What are you most excited about after marriage?
- Is there anything you’ve learned from your parents or other relatives that could help us?
- When was the moment you knew you wanted to marry me?
- How do I make you feel safe and loved?
- If our sex lives change, how will we communicate dissatisfaction?
- What reminds you that we can make it through difficult times?
- What pushes you away from me?
Start Asking Questions Now
It is never too late or early to start asking questions. Getting to know the person you are dating or in a relationship with will help you feel closer and connect on another level. Try using these questions to ask your partner and watch your relationship grow.
Subscribe to Our Weekly Newsletter
We would love to connect deeper with you!